J&K Karkhandar Scheme 2022
(J&K Karkhandar Scheme 2022) jkhandicraft For the growth of the craft industry in the UT, the Jammu and Kashmir government has created the J&K Karkhandar Scheme 2022. The new Karkhandar Scheme will provide the craft industry a boost, particularly the languishing crafts. We will discuss the qualifying requirements, financial help offered under the plan, and other features in this post..
What is the Karkhandar Scheme 2022 in Jammu and Kashmir?
The Karkhandar initiative was introduced by the Jammu and Kashmir government to enhance the craft industry in the UT. The Department of Handicrafts and Handloom, Kashmir, will implement the scheme on a trial basis. It is a watershed decision that will breathe new vitality into the UT craft sector, particularly the languishing crafts..
Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme is required.
People who work in the craft industry are exploited and get locked in a vicious cycle of poverty and pessimism, forcing them to give up their profession. The Karkhandar Scheme for Craft Sector Development was launched by the J&K government in an effort to enhance their learning methodologies, increase their revenues, and instil entrepreneurship skills in them.
Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme’s Vision
The Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar initiative would identify and provide skill upgradation training in crafts such as walnut wood carving, silver filigree, carpet, Kani shawl weaving, Khatamband, and Papier Machie crafts that are confronting human resource shortages. Aside from this, additional crafts will be given fair attention based on the needs identified by the respective Assistant Directors of the Handicrafts and Handloom Department.
Depending on the success of the plan in each craft, the number of crafts centres assigned to each craft may be transferred to other crafts. For the six-month period, a minimum of one and a maximum of five training programmes per craft will be evaluated.
The Karkhandar Scheme in J&K has a specific goal
The J&K Karkhandar plan attempts to achieve the following goals:
- Resurrect the fading arts and crafts.
- Trainees’ learning approaches should be upgraded.
- Collectivization will raise the earnings of the craftspeople.
- Make connections with producer groups to teach trainees entrepreneurship skills and aptitude.
Karkhandar Scheme Eligibility Criteria in J&K
- Pass out deserving students or ex-trainees from the Handicrafts and Handloom Department’s training centres. In the case of moribund crafts, however, such conditions will not apply.
- A minimum of five trainees for a small Karkhana and a maximum of ten trainees for a large Karkhana are required.
Methodology of the Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme
- Meritorious pass-out trainees or ex-trainees of the departmental training centres shall be recognised and encouraged to register under the Karkhandar Scheme, as stated in Annexure A.
- Such trainees will be given registration cards.
- Under the Jan Dhan Yojana, trainees will be given bank accounts.
- A complete database of the identified trainees, including Aadhar numbers, EPIC numbers, and bank account numbers, would be kept.
- The Handicrafts and Handloom Department shall identify registered Karkhanas or Karkhandars who are ready to enlist ex-trainees or pass-out trainees in their Karkhana, as stated in Annexure B.
- The designated Karkhandar will supply the essential logistics, such as tools, equipment, looms, raw materials, space, and so on. These Karkhandars would be given a lump amount of Rs.25,000/- every batch, payable in two instalments, to cover all logistics costs associated with running the training programme effectively..
- The trainees can create cooperatives after successfully completing the course, and all necessary assistance or supervision will be offered to them in order to achieve the scheme’s goal.
Karkhandar Scheme Provides Financial Assistance
- Each trainee will be given Rs. 2000 per month. The allowance, however, will be paid in two instalments: Rs. 1000 will be transferred into an individual bank account, and the remainder amount will be given when the probation or practical training session is completed successfully.
- Karkhandars would get Rs. 2000 per trainee every month in logistic charges, as well as an honorarium for meritorious trainees. These, on the other hand, will only be distributed when it has been determined that the trainees have attained the appropriate degree of proficiency. The learners will be assessed using a pre-approved qualification framework for skill advancement..
Other substantial initiatives, such as the Artisan Credit Card Program and the Scheme of Financial Support to Co – operative, are already implemented to help J&K’s craft industry, particularly the languishing crafts.